10.26.2010

Damn You Garter

My hands and wrists are going to hate my decision to knit my brother a blanket for Christmas. I'm actually almost finished, which is sort of a relative term at the moment. I'm working on the Moderne Log Cabin blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting, and it's a great pattern. I'm modifying it slightly because the way I chose the color order has left an overwhelming amount of the cream color instead of the green, which was supposed to be the focus of the thing. I'm on the antepenultimate block, which doesn't include the edging I plan to add too. Two months left, and I really just want to finish this thing so I can knit something that isn't garter stitch.


Picture 003
Very early progress shot. It's much bigger now.
It's going to be awesome when it's done and I know he's going to love it, but if anything gives me carpal tunnel in my life, it'll be this blanket.

I'm itching to make myself another shawl or 10. I figured out what I want to do with the Sanguine Gryphon laceweight I got at Rhinebeck--the Aeolian shawl (shawlette size) from Knitty. I'm really excited about it, and may start it soon just to have some variety in what I'm working on.

I've been neglecting taking pictures of my spinning. I started using my wheel a lot more in April this year and have spun a lot of my fiber in the meantime. I'll have to haul it all out when the sun comes back for some pictures. The lighting in my basement isn't ideal for showing off the colors. Right now I'm working on a naturally chocolate brown merino that I got from SVFF a couple of years ago. It's very nice as a squishy three-ply and I think I may have enough for a hat and mittens, and maybe a small scarf or cowl.

No comments: